Divine Intervention
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divine Intervention

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics

RP GUIDE YO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Offeh
ArcAngels
ArcAngels
Offeh

RP GUIDE YO Empty
PostSubject: RP GUIDE YO   RP GUIDE YO EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:15 am

However if your here to flame, call role players nerds, or any kind of other slander, you may post your complaints to the nearest care cup.

First off, the acronyms;
1. Most common would be IC, this is basically short for In Character, if you are IC, you are currently roleplaying basically.
2. Second most common would be OOC, yep you guessed it, Out Of Character
3. LOLLER, Laugh Out Loud-Look an E-Retard(s). basically these are people who roleplay simply to take the ****. they are not worth taking notice of but be careful to not to mistake them for roleplaying newbies.

Guess what, thats it, it's that simple, your either IC, OOC or a LOLLER.

Now for possibly the most difficult bit. Your characters backstory. By this i mean your characters history up to the present. There's three things to take into account when making this;
1. Your Race
2. Your Gender
3. Your Class

Obviously a female human warlock is gunna look abit suspicious if they're running round swinging a sword while shouting ''For the light''. while a male human paladin wouldn't be caught dead not doing this. now obviously, everyone wants that something ''special'' in their character. And unfortunatly, i have a few rules when it comes to this, follow them or not;
1. You may not say that you killed an important character lore wise (Such as van cleef, hogger, Arthas, Illidan, or any other named NPC currently in-game) This is solely to stop confusion such as two people syaing they both solo'd illidan ect. Plus it also keeps your character within WoW lore.
2. You may not claim lordship of a town that clearly has a leader. Such as Stormwind (or any other city), however, settlements such as Hillsbrad Field, may be claimed, BUT, your claim MUST be known to other players, such as a Guild. The other faction cannot claim leadership or your factions settlement, ie, horde cannot rule Hillsbrad Field.
3. You may not give yourself the title of ''Prince'' or other lordly titles without good reason, such as a guild leader and a leader of a settlement.
4. If your Roleplaying as Scarlets, you can take tyr's hand, but remember if your allying yourself with the actual Scarlet Crusade, you will be against both the Horde and the Alliance.
5. Don't claim to be something that no longer exists. Or something you can't physically be. Such as a dragon, a sithilid, a dwarven warlock (or similar other cross- race/class combinations that don't exist). Race/class combinations announced for WotLK are not yet counted in WoW lore, and should not be played unless a good story is provided. Worgans are not to be RP'ed, as they are not yet released from Gilineas(SP?)

Remember you don't have to follow them, but i would reccomend you use them as guide lines.

Now one thing we all want to be, is a hero. of some sort. By hero i mean someone extraordinary, but remember to have good character progression.

And there's one last thing i'd like to point out here, if your an ''evil alligned'' character, and your against your own faction, don't go roleplaying in major cities, remember, lore wise they will know who you are, and the guards will kill you, think smart and roleplay well.

Next bit, is the basics of a Roleplay Guild. This is abit simpler, simply, if your making a guild, it should stem from your characters own interests. if your joining a guild, however, think for a moment, does it best suit your character?

An example of this, is a warlock joining up for the Silver Hand. not only is it a known fact that the silver hand is an order of paladins, it's also known warlocks arn't exactly light friendly. (This is under the assumption someone makes a guild of silver hand remains). I'm not trying to discourage you from joining a guild you want to join, just think if your character is suitable for it.

And the last bit, probably what heaves off a few people. Are the guild adverts on the lookingforgroup. A few simple rules for this to make a good advert.
1. Use proper Spelling and Grammar. I win no medals but meh.
2. The advert must state the objective of your guild.
3. Include your guild/orders name.
4. Put how to contact you in brackets so they know it's OOC
5. Keep it short, not more then a few lines, we don't need heavy amounts of text on LFG channel.

Couple of final pointers;
1. Don't make fun of newbie roleplayers, they are trying, help them out
2. brackets such as (()) mean something is spoken OOC, idealy brackets should not be used but soemtimes there are no other way of putting something across or simply don't know how to do so IC
3. LOLLERs should just be ignored. Don't aggrivate them most of them are just trying to provoke a reaction.
4. Do be mature about it.

Enjoy your Roleplaying, and play safe. If you have any comments or would like to add your own pointers feel free to.

RP GUIDE YO WoWScrnShot_100509_145359

Last edited by Offeh on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kekozkii
ArcAngels
ArcAngels
Kekozkii

RP GUIDE YO Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP GUIDE YO   RP GUIDE YO EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:30 am

Huh Off you RP? >.> Sounds weird.
Back to top Go down
Offeh
ArcAngels
ArcAngels
Offeh

RP GUIDE YO Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP GUIDE YO   RP GUIDE YO EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:35 am

Kekozkii wrote:
Huh Off you RP? >.> Sounds weird.
lol >.> u dunno anything bout me lol
Back to top Go down
Kekozkii
ArcAngels
ArcAngels
Kekozkii

RP GUIDE YO Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP GUIDE YO   RP GUIDE YO EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:36 am

RPing is so dificult. I don't understand it sometimes
Back to top Go down
Offeh
ArcAngels
ArcAngels
Offeh

RP GUIDE YO Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP GUIDE YO   RP GUIDE YO EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:47 am

Kekozkii wrote:
RPing is so dificult. I don't understand it sometimes
thats why i dont RP >.> and lol its just a guide , i shoulda start RP'in sounds fun tbh ; D
Back to top Go down
kaizzer
ArcAngels
ArcAngels
kaizzer

RP GUIDE YO Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP GUIDE YO   RP GUIDE YO EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:27 am

I COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS GUIDE!!!

mah carecup is empty --> C|_|
Back to top Go down
Offeh
ArcAngels
ArcAngels
Offeh

RP GUIDE YO Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP GUIDE YO   RP GUIDE YO EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:38 pm

kaizzer wrote:
I COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS GUIDE!!!

mah carecup is empty --> C|_|
I SAW WHAT U DID THAR!
Back to top Go down
Soultrin333
Angels
Angels
Soultrin333

RP GUIDE YO Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP GUIDE YO   RP GUIDE YO EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:13 pm

i used roleplay when i was young, by this is mean child games but man, if wow was out back then and i played would make shit so much better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RP GUIDE YO Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP GUIDE YO   RP GUIDE YO Empty

Back to top Go down

RP GUIDE YO
Page 1 of 1